There are several renewable alternative processes to fossil chemistry to create new plastics. This international conference is all about turning waste plastic via pyrolysis or chemical recycling into new plastics replacing plastics made from new linear fossil feedstocks and about turning waste materials into new polymers using gasification.
These processes require that current recycling value chains change to a new sustainable ecosystem. As a result the creation of innovative new ecosystems will be a challenge with so many new and existing stakeholders.
The new ecosystems contain the following steps in the materials cycle:
- End of life Plastic Waste Stream Collection / Bio based materials collection
- Cleaning, Sorting and Separation
- Chemical recycling
- Thermal and Thermochemical recycling / Pyrolysis
- Processing of recycled materials (plastics and chemicals)
- Production of recycled plastic materials
- Reuse of the newly created plastics in applications
- End of life plastic waste stream collection
Besides the development of a new ecosystem, additional topics are related and relevant for the success of this new ecosystem:
- Can chemical recycling / Gasification become economically viable?
- How can chemical recycling become cost-competitive against virgin plastic?
- What is the leading demand for the chemical recycling outputs of the different recycling processes?
- What are the real environmental and health impacts of the different recycling processes when operating at scale?
- How do the Life Cycle Assessments of the different recycle technologies compare?
- What incentives are needed to enhance chemical recycling?
- What key parameters determine the choice for chemical versus mechanical recycling?
- What key parameters determine the choice for Gasification?
- Can these types of recycling become complementary to the other waste management processes. What needs to happen to make this possible?
During the conference the (inter)national speakers will present the current status and (nearby) future of the above mentioned steps/issues. Besides the conference, partners will demo their solutions at the exhibit.
Who should attend:
- R&D and management of
- Biomass industry
- Producers of plastics
- Producers of chemical raw materials
- Actors in plastic waste management including waste collectors, suppliers of sorted plastic waste, plastic recyclers, users of recycled plastics
- Governmental bodies
- Regulatory institutions