EU Cosmetics Safety Assessment *Webinar*
Safety assessment of cosmetic products is a required procedure in EU by the Regulation (EC) No 1223/2009.
The legislation sets standards and ensures that every ingredient in cosmetic products is safe to use on the human body in a rinse-on or rinse-off products like face creams or shower gels. Documentation of Safety assessment of cosmetic products must be made before cosmetic product is placed on the marked or imported into EU. Documentation can be only made by a person with the proper education from natural sciences, which ensures quality and safety of the products with finished assessment.
Safety assessment of cosmetics consists of:
- Quantitative and qualitative composition of the cosmetic product
- Physical/chemical characteristics and stability of the cosmetic product
- Microbiological quality
- Impurities, traces, information about the packaging material
- Normal and reasonably foreseeable use
- Exposure to the cosmetic product
- Exposure to the substances
- Toxicological profile of the substances
- Undesirable effects and serious undesirable effects
- Information on the cosmetic productPART B:
- Assessment conclusion
- Labeled warnings and instructions of use
- Assessor’s credentials and approval of part B
- What is the EU Cosmetics Regulation about?
- Principles of Cosmetic Product Safety Assessment
Who should attend
Anyone with a responsibility for and/or interest on cosmetic products on EU market:
- Producers and Importers into EU
- Responsible persons
PaedDr. Martin Murín, Cosmetics safety, risk assessment expert