Toxic-Free EU Strategy *Webinar*
Webinar Topics – Toxic-Free Strategy
TOWARDS A TOXIC–FREE ENVIRONMENT: A NEW LONG–TERM VISION FOR EU CHEMICALS POLICY
In line with the European Green Deal, the strategy strives for a toxic-free environment, where chemicals are produced and used in a way that maximises their contribution to society including achieving the green and digital transition, while avoiding harm to the planet and to current and future generations. It envisages the EU industry as a globally competitive player in the production and use of safe and sustainable chemicals.
The strategy proposes a clear roadmap and timeline for the transformation of industry with the aim of attracting investment into safe and sustainable products and production methods
– transition to chemicals that are safe and sustainable by design;
– non-toxic materials cycles;
– stronger EU legal framework to address pressing environmental and health concerns;
– protection of consumers, vulnerable groups and workers from the most harmful chemicals;
– towards zero chemical pollution in the environment.